Monday, May 05, 2008

Rent it NOW

Atonement- Liked it
No Country for Old Men- Liked it
Juno- Liked it

The King of Kong
A Fistful of Quarters?

LOVED IT!

This documentary has everything. A super villain and his cronies. An underdog that you love to root for. A showdown to see who will hold the top score on Donkey Kong. A glance into a sub-culture that is fun to mock but strangely fascinating. What other movie can you hear someone seriously say...I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come by and say "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede.
Good stuff, I'm tellin' ya.
And for those of you saying "but I hate video games" (I'm looking at you Cameo), all I can say is that if a documentary is done well it doesn't matter what the subject matter is, the director is going to pull you in.



Can you see Ben Stiller as Billy Mitchell and Will Ferrell as Steve Weibe? Lol!
Rent it, you'll love it.

Labels: ,