Thursday, February 23, 2006

Better than the Olympics


Kirk's basketball season is coming to an end this weekend. I will really miss watching him play and will be looking forward to this summer's season. Kirk's a good player. He has it in his genes(his Dad was a high school basketball star and played college ball) and he has it his heart (he loves the game). When Kirk started basketball a few years ago, I had no idea how much I would enjoy watching him play. Now I know I FRICKIN' LOVE IT! When you watch your child compete you become emotionally invested. That must be what's behind parents yelling on the sidelines (annoying) or those stage moms (very annoying!). I guess parent ego plays into it too, all that living through your child hooha. One time I did try to coach. Me: Kirk you need to stay on your guy! Kirk: We're playing zone defense MOM! Me: Okay I'll shut up now. Lesson learned? Don't give tips on something you know nothing about! What I do know is that I'm proud of my son and I love watching my kid do something well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger noncommon said...

Go Kirkie - it's yo birfday! you gonna play b-ball likes it's yo birfday!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home