Friday, March 03, 2006

A thank you to another Betty

I'm still here, it's just been one of those weeks. Between another test and getting ready for my parents to come into town, there hasn't been a lot of free time to blog.
We are celebrating my Step-Dad's birthday tomorrow and I am going to bake him a marble cake from a box. If I was insane I might try to bake him a red velvet cake with buttercream frosting. Since having two more kids, baking cakes from scratch has gone the way of seeing movies in a theater. When Kirk and Olivia were younger I was a bit of an overachiever. I went to every school party, helped out with the fundraisers, cleaned the house every two weeks, had big birthday parties and worked out at the gym. Now it is such a different story. I don't volunteer for anything, I make it to the kid's schools only a few times a year, we invite just a few people for birthdays, I clean the house every two months and use the treadmill in the basement when I have a moment. It's not that I didn't like doing all those things, it just that now with two more little ones, I don't think I could do all of those things and not be one stressed out Momma! So while a homemade red velvet cake would be delish, I'm going to let Betty Crocker help me out while I go and enjoy my parents company.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home