Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Nuckin' Futs

This is one of my favorite movie quotes, "Where did they teach you to talk like this? At some Panama City sailor wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Go sell crazy someplace else . . . we're all stocked up here."

And that's exactly what I should of said to the older Woman wearing a Kiss t-shirt and a greasy ponytail at the thrift store today.........

Crazy Woman- "Something really weird happened to me last night."

Me- "Err......."

Crazy Woman- "Guess who called me."

Me- "Who?"

Crazy Woman- "Gene Simmons. I wrote him a letter and my friend must of given him my phone number. He asked for my social security number."

Me- "That sounds like a scam. I hope you didn't give it to him."

Crazy Woman- "Oh no, I didn't give it to him." (here is where I thought some lucidity might be peeking through) "Gene Simmons makes enough money, he doesn't need my social security number." (Nope, still crazy!)

I gave her the polite, you're fucking crazy smile and walked away. As I was leaving the store I saw she was talking to some other lady who was giving her the same look. I really hope I never lose touch and start making up stories about Simon Le Bon.
I would like my delusions to be a bit more grand.

And speaking of crazy. Oh Lordy.
We saw the documentary Grey Gardens. It's about Jackie O's Aunt and Cousin. They live in a dilapidated, cat shit infested, Hampton's mansion. They wear pants on their head. They feed the raccoons who live in their attic. They argue about suitors the Mother has chased off. They eat liver pate and ice cream.

I must say, crazy can be very entertaining.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get a little spooked when crazies come talk to me like that, but my husband seems to have all the time in the world for it.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Oh, I love this post!

It wasn't until recently that I realized that I had spent a good majority of my life around crazy. EVIL crazy. I'll take the racoon feeders and Simon LeBon elbow-rubbers over the backstabbing-with-a-smile-on-their-face freakazoids anyday. :)

Great, great topic as always, Marcie.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home