Friday, August 25, 2006

The "Funk" is Going Around

And I think I've got it.

So does everyone else I talk to on a weekly basis. Three friends and a relative. Seriously, is it in the water?
My Mom told me that a study was done and it found that the happiest people on earth were in Iceland. Their secret? Low expectations.
I'm working on it.

I'm not superstitious but this was supposed to be my year. I have one thing to say about that. "Woof"

I could go into what's wrong with my life but I believe it's irrelevant. Also it could be potentially over or under whelming, depending on the reader. "Oh, you think that's bad? I've got gangrene on my clubfoot!" It's all relative. I've watched Oprah. I get it.
I also have hope that it will get better.

My comments have gone really low. I have two theories on this.
One- My blog entries have gotten really self indulgent and boring. Come on now! Who the hell is Borat and who gives a shit?
Two- I haven't been commenting on other blogs, haven't had anything enlightening to add. And like it or not, we know that unless you are superstar blogger, comments are a tit for tat deal (most of the time).
Either way I totally understand.

Which brings me to today's post. I could write about the wildebeest
who lives with us and the second Houdini hamster she has killed. My poor Daughter is heart broken.
I could write about Ruby, who told me the other day she needed to go poop and who did just that when I set her on the potty! And the next day she wore underwear the whole day and stayed dry. And the next day she pooped in her underwear three times (Thank God for hard stools). "Two steps forward, ten steps back" That's the Potty Training mantra. Repeat. Smoke a joint. Repeat.
I could also tell you that it's not even been a full week since the germ factory a.k.a. school has opened its doors and I've already caught a cold. Ugh.
Nope. I don't have the energy to go into it all. Instead I bring you more YouTube and a list of my top ten 70's soft rock faves. Great for when you're down.
Hell yeah, I'm all about fueling the fire.


Other great sappy hits of the 70's..........

Falling in Love- Hamilton, JoeFrank & Reynolds
Fool (if you think it's over)- Chris Rea
Just Remember I Love You- Firefall
Baby Come Back- Ace
A Lotta Love- Nicolette Larson
Summer Breeze- Seals&Croft
How Much I Feel- Ambrosia
Right Down the Line- Gerry Rafferty
Reminiscing- Little River Band
I'm Not in Love- 10cc

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Hope you get over the funk soon... wonder if it has something to do with impending change of season...? I feel like I'm on the edge of one.

Potty traing. NOT looking forward to it. I imagine the first tinkle or plop into the toilet will probably feel like I won the lottery...

:-D

2:14 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

i just had a moment listening to this song while going through your flicker. up the speed to 1 second and the whole thing flows perfectly. try it.
love ya!
me

7:25 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

The comments thing is probably just blogger - it's been a mean pig lately, right?

We're still READING you though - even if blogger won't let us get in half the time.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

you know how I feel about that music. esp. anything Ambrosia -- sigh. Oh, Marcie, where have you been all my life?

screw people who don't come around. that just means you're special, and the best blog secret ever. :)

p.s. ugh on the poop train. that sucks. and the cold. lame. *hugs for you*

no, really, BIG HUGS for you. :p

xoxoxoxo

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I love you because you named many songs from my "teenage to early adulthood years". I still love me some James Taylor. Comments are low everywhere...unless you're famous and I'm not. I don't know what's up with that. I'm still here.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yes, the funk is making the rounds, isn't it? And, may I just say, I LOVED this post. My comments are low, too. I'm trying to not care and be all self-conscious about it. Anyway, you have and always will be one of my favorite stops when time is kind and spares me the opportunity. I hope you feel better, Sweetie.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I'm dismayed at the tit for tat stuff myself: there are so many new blogs that now I've relegated them all to saturday. I can't keep abreast of them all. I just re-found your blog; you moved or something? I was reading some Marianne Williamson and she says it all really doesn't matter except for your view of yourself or something like that and I liked it. It's true: all this blog stuff is REALLY NOT IMPORTANT.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hear you on the funk. I'm trying to pretend it's not here, but it's not working. And like you, I can't really point to anything in particular that's worthy of blogging.

I'm sorry about the hamster. That's a bit gruesome, but mostly really sad. And I hope the PT improves. Tacy trained so easily that I just know CJ will put me through hell. Karma, she's a beyatch.

7:27 PM  
Blogger weigook saram said...

Sorry, just haven't checked in for a while. My husband has been hogging the computer...ahem, working from home.

Go Ruby! I am so jealous. (We haven't tried in a while, though.)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home