Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's The Little Things, Ya Know

My friend Shannon did a great post last month on the definition of luxuries and how those definitions change as we change. A luxury to me? To walk into a bookstore and buy all the books I want to. I even love the smell of bookstores.
The smell of libraries? Not so much. But libraries it is until this One Income/Four Child fiscal plan we live on changes.
The bright side is that it really makes my day to get these in the mail:









I got the notice on Thursday, picked it up on Friday and finished it on Saturday. It's called The Ruins by Scott Smith. It was creepy, I couldn't put it down and if you're into this genre I highly recommend it.



Recipe: Greek Garden Appetizer
I made this dip over the weekend and it was sooo good.
Do you like gyros?

Do you like cucumber sauce? Are you like me and could drink the stuff?

Then you will love this dip. It tastes like a gyro without the meat and it's perfect for those hot August days.

















I brush the pita with olive oil and throw it in a pan for a few minutes. My kids love the pita so next time I will definitely buy extra.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's part of my plans with Tacy tomorrow: going to the library! I'm looking forward to checking out some books that I would never buy, but want to read anyway if only to satisfy my curiosity (e.g., The Devil Wears Prada).

And that recipe looks fantastic. Maybe it will get me off my guacamole kick.

12:08 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

The WW points overseers will not permit The Lady Flabina to consume the yummy recipe. -SIGH- (Have lost 10 pounds though...)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

i love a good creepy book recommendation!

And gyro/cucumber sauce dip??... MMMM!

It IS the little things!

3:43 PM  
Blogger weigook saram said...

We love the library too. I can reserve books online and pick them up at the local branch. It's awesome.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

any book you recommend is one I'm sure I would like. if I can remember to write it down in order to look for it.

and -- me, too on the wanting-to-guzzle the cuke sauce. that's totally why I heart gyros.

making that sauce, soon (if I can remember to copy the recipe).

say, you wouldn't happen to have any suggestions for how I might refresh my brain? defrag it? clean up the hard drive? it's not working so well (as noted in my inability to remember to write the stuff that I want to remember down. I'm broken).

sigh.

1:07 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

we've been living on pita and hummus all summer over here! i'm on the recipe! thanks!
as far as the book thing goes - not until the trip to the reading glasses aisle.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live in the library and have sorely neglected it of late in favor of buying books. I should go back.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home