Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Make it a Blockbastard Night

Sorry about that. Just a little habit of mine to twist the names of big name merchants into something a little more fitting. (Well you know they were kind of bastard-ish when they were charging all those late fees) A couple more? Taco Hell and Wal-Fart.
That is not the purpose of this post though. When you finish reading you will see that I really have nothing of importance to say. Summer is winding down and I'm in a chill state of mind.
Back to Blockbast...er, I mean Blockbuster. Rented some movies today.
First V for Vendetta.


I don't know, I'm just in the mood for a warm, feel good movie about revolutionaries "plotting to destroy the totalitarian regime that dominates their nation". And that Natalie Portman, isn't she cute!


Picked up Heathers for my daughter Olivia.


She loves the movie Mean Girls and I thought she might enjoy the original Mean Girls. And that Winona Ryder, isn't she cute! Lindsay "The Lush" Lohan ain't got nothin' on Winona.

And finally on the recommendation of Debbie (can I call you that?) I rented Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic.
I hear she uses naughty words, so what a good excuse to put all of the kiddies to bed early. Sarah Silverman is cute too! Even if her potty mouth isn't.

How to make all of this wonderful movie watching even better? I've got a pint of Ben&Jerry's Neopolitan Dynamite. 1,000 calories full of yummy goodness.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Heathers is classic. The original mean girls.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Awwww Heathers. With the Gay Jocks scene. Classic.

And I was just in a Ben and Jerry's tonight too, but none for me.

Let me know how V for Vendetta is. That's on my "I should watch this someday" list

9:35 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I love a good recommendation... And you've made my mouth water for Neopolitan Dynamite! Is it no coincidence that you're eating ice cream that twists its names as well??

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Down with the blockbastards... we do netflix which is much more civilized. "More pate?" Sigh, gotta love Heathers. V for Vendetta sounds good - there's a Korean comic book vigilante who dons a mask, set during the Japanese occupation... (I think the comic book series is from the 70's?)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

a) yes, please. in fact, i would refer to myself as that, but there are already a frillion Debbies out there in blogtopia, so i default to the irritating lildb. bleah.

b) i'm nervous that you aren't gonna like sarah's opus. b/c that's what happens after i recommend and people take the rec. i go into a deep, dark worry-spiral. bleah times two.

c) heathers!! yeahhhh!

d) joaquin phoenix as the cash = me having some reeeeally interesting dreams afterward. not bleah AT ALL. :p

xoxo

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched V for Vendetta last night (surprise); I was disappointed. Natalie Portman is gorgeous. The plot was a little convoluted and it had a Matrix 3 problem, too many questions unanswered and some of the questions not answered were not that important. What I can say is that it was beautifully filmed and mostly well acted. Mom

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally want to see Jesus is Magic. I didn't realize it was on video yet.

Blockbastard...here I come!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Ben and Jerrys AND Heathers...ooooh I couldnt' be more jealous :) I might have to replicate that here tonight.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I've never heard of the Napoleon Dynamite flavor. Between you and Debbie, I'm getting great ideas for what to do on Saturday night!

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home