Monday, January 01, 2007

2007-
Where in the hell did you come from?

Tomorrow is now
-Eleanor Roosevelt

That's good cause now is today. S'up! S'up! S'up!
-My Brother

It seems like only yesterday I used to think about the year 2000 as way in the future. "I'll be 30 years old!"
Now it's 2007. The decade is coming to a close.Time goes so fast. In the blink of an eye.
My New Years resolution. To quit wishing my life away and try to stay in the moment.
No more "I can't wait till Summer" or "I can't wait till the kids are in school". Or even "I can't wait till nap time". Waiting on things in the future to bring happiness doesn't work.
Happiness is now.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

I hear you. I'm bad about wishing away time and my life is the perfect example of someone who doesn't live in the moment. I'm trying, though. I'm really trying.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree 100%. I am bad about deferring pleasure sometimes.

Happy New Year! May it be filled with joyful moments.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happiness is now."

Love it!

Happy New Year! (S'up, Su'p!)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny you say that...
i just read
"the power of now"
by eckhart tolle...
changed my life (the way i look at time)
should be required reading in high school.

12:00 PM  
Blogger strauss said...

That is SUCH a good resolution. I thik I need to adopt that myself. Hey and I even have "THE POWER OF NOW" on my book shelf, been sitting there idle and unread for the past 2 years...what does THAT say about me (cough splutter). better drag it out and see what it says, thanks for the reminder CJ!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

that makes me sad, because I've done it almost incessantly, for as long as I can remember.

but you're right. no more wishing my life away! I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it right this second - even if this second involved listening to my child fill his diapers with poop and knowing he'll scream if I try to change him (which is literally happening right now).

love you, M. thanks for continuing to inspire me.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home