Monday, December 11, 2006

My Thrift Week-
With A Side Of Baking And Bed Head

Wasn't the greatest week for thrifting, I left empty handed more times than not. But there were a couple of times when the thrift gods were smiling down on me.


Plastic 70's bowl.











A groovy owl necklace.












I love vintage advertising graphics.












Pyrex.







More Pyrex and Fire-King bowls.









A vintage sweater for Billy. It's probably from the 80's. Can you call that vintage? Anyway, gotta love acrylic.










These were my big find of the week. Vintage ornaments for a $1.99 at the Goodwill.












Now for the baking and bed head part.

This week instead of cleaning up glitter I'll be cleaning up icing and sprinkles.








Kirk's masterpieces.
After seeing these a new rule was made- You eat what you made.










Look at this hair!!!
It's the worst case of bed head I've ever seen.
Just be glad you weren't around when I had to take a brush to it.










Happy Monday!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I think my mom had that same bowl in the 70s. And Bella's hair looks exactly like that in the morning.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

At my library, they have a free bookshelf where people can drop off books they don't want anymore. When I see old books with cool covers, I take them home and see how much I can get for them on ebay. 9 times out of 10 it's nothing. sigh. It breaks my heart to throw 'em in the recycling bin, but they're not MY childhood treasures.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hair... funny how their hair gets THAT wild. Not a thrift connoisseur but I love the first bowl and that sweater. Growing up in post war Korea, retro stuff was never considered to be of value - all had to be new western stuff; so I don't really know how to look for or appreciate good thrift store stuff.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I love that owl necklace, but the ornaments are the best. It makes me homesick for my mother's Christmas tree. :(

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home