Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thrift Goodness

I had a great week thrifting which came at a very good time. Next week there will be no thrifting at all unless I want to drag junk home from Florida, which I don't.

Let's start with the practical.
Tupperware cups, snack cups and a vintage red handled ice cream scoop. Need all of these. Well....maybe not need but I can certainly use.








Picked up this beautiful magazine in a perfect unread state for .50 cents.
If you like modern architecture and design you should check it out. (If you haven't already)












Found some of my favorite things.









Pyrex








and mugs!!!








Last week was also great for Christmas stuff.

Christmas cards.
10 cents each.









Christmas dress for Ruby.
Throw this over a black turtleneck and she's set.












Vintage tablecloths. I may sell these on ebay, haven't decided yet.












Ornaments.
I don't think these are very old but at two bucks for the box, it's better than buying new.












And this little guy.
I can feel a collection coming on and I'm on the look-out for more little deers. All I need to do is stick him by some old bottlebrush trees and he'll make a fine Christmas decoration.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I remember drinking from cups like those. I love seeing your thrift store finds. You really should start a business. You have a great eye.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really getting me into the holiday mood. I had a set of those little Tupperware cups!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great stuff! But wait... everyone doesn't lug junk back from vacation?

2:44 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Vaxgirl- I would love to bring stuff back from vacation. But with four kids that pretty much takes up all my lug space.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I would love to peruse through your house. It seems like such a homey, happy, nostalgic place. :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home