Friday, October 27, 2006

All In The Family

Posted about thrifting and it's hold on me yesterday and what does Jim bring home that very evening?









Just two of the coolest retro shirts I've ever seen!
He stopped by a Northeast thrift store yesterday after having lunch and picked these up. One is a vintage Izod and the other is a McGregor. Both from either the early 60's or late 50's and in unworn condition. And the best part is they both fit him.
I don't do the thrift store clothes thing, I have no patience to go through all 3,000 pieces of clothing. I run in, scan the place, grab what I want and leave. Jim is a much better shopper than I am. More times than not I'm ready to leave while he's still busy looking.
Even with our differing shopping habits, I can't wait until he has more free time and we can thrift together.

And while I'm on the subject here is my thrift haul for today.









Three of my favorite things to buy: Fire King, Pyrex and vintage linens.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger noncommon said...

i have seen tons of those mugs, but i thought you were collecting only the white ones. had i known.... better than brownies for the b-day would have ocured. sorry!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, why can't I LIVE near you people?! Not only are YOU fun and interesting, but your husband is, too!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home