Sunday, December 03, 2006

We're Crafty. Not!

I thought it would be a good idea to make Christmas decorations with the kids this weekend. And with four kids of my own not being enough, I invited my 12 year old sister over to participate. (Yes! I have a 12 year old sister. No, my Dad didn't pull a midlife crisis and take up with a 20 year old bimbo. My step-mom was 45 when she had my sister. You know pregnancy and menopause have many symptoms in common.)
Anyway.

So I broke out the glue gun, popsicle sticks and the glitter. At this point I could post pictures and give you the idea that it was a peaceful, fun filled activity full of smiles and laughter. But I won't because it wasn't. And is that even possible? Like Sasquatch, I would have to see it to believe it.

Things were going pretty well until Kirk decided to take the red paint and smear it all over his face and then Billy threw glitter all over the house. I ended up yelling because let's face it, if we were to compare our parenting styles to those of famous TV moms, I would definitely be more of a Lois than a June.

After the glue dried and the glitter settled (OH MY GOD THE GLITTER! There will be glitter found in this house after Armageddon) we had some very cute ornaments and hopefully some happy memories.

Luckily life is a lot like childbirth, you forget the bad parts and remember mostly the good.
What else would explain my plans to make Christmas cookies, with the rugrats, next weekend.












Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Those are awesome! Sometimes it's tempting to leave out all of the messy details when you post, but what's the fun in that? Yeah, I'm a Lois too.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

it's so true. what you said about remembering the good parts.

it's so freaking true.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Rachel- I'm glad someone else will admit to being a Lois.

Debbie- It is true! It's a kindness of the human psyche.

9:03 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I want to make some of those now. You can just go up and lick your tree. That is great.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! And the sasquatch analogy? Brilliant!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home