Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Strange" Meme

I've been tagged by Pendullum to do a six strange things meme. It's kind of hard to come up with weird things about yourself. One person's weird is another person's normal. I could tell you I like the smell of dog feet, but Cameo already listed that one when she did this meme a long time ago. (In fact, that's one of the things that bonds us as friends. "You like the smell of dog feet? Me too!") I mostly just came up with stuff that you wouldn't know about me unless you knew me well.
So here goes.

1. I was almost adopted.
My Mother was in her first year at Vassar and had plans that didn't include a baby. Her roommate had an Aunt and Uncle who wanted to adopt. He was a doctor and they were Jewish and lived in NYC. It was set. I guess my parents changed their minds the day I was born. They called my Grandparents and said "Hey, guess what! We have a baby!" I don't know if that's what they said exactly, but really, it had to be something like that. I'm very happy that my parents decided to keep me, even though I think I would of made a great Jewish girl from New York.

2. I was an only child till the age of 11. I now have 2 brothers and 2 sisters.

3. I have voted in every Presidential election since turning 18. I voted for Dukakis one month after my birthday. Unfortunately I learned the pain of voting for the loser(Democrat) at an early age.

4. I was really surprised when George Michael came out.
My gaydar must be seriously broke. I mean the man wore hot pants for chrisake!

5. I ate brussel sprouts, sardines, spam, lima beans and spinach when I was a kid. This is weird due to the fact my kids would choose death over letting any one of those foods come near them.

6. I'm double jointed in both arms.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

#1 is really sweet. It made me a little teary. My gaydar sucks too. :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, gaydar... I thought I had a pretty good gaydar until I had a crush on someone in grad school (everyone else did... he was pretty hot), and had to act all nonchalant when he confided in me that he was so surprised people didn't know he is gay... 'Of course, I knew - peopled didn't know?' :-D Spam... I had a lot of it - back then (maybe even now), Spam was considered high quality IMPORT food in Korea.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Very cool list...
And you can come over and smell my dog's paws any ole day!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

broken gaydar... *snicker*

you seriously slay me. and I love it.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

There's nothing strange about me. Nothing I can think of now.

That's wild about being almost adopted. I believe more in nature and you'd probably be the same person. Have you ever read about those twins who were separated at birth but both ended up as firefighters with wives named Betty? Totally crazy.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

As I've mentioned previously in my blog, I fell in love with a gay man. So, yeah, unless you're Rupaul, I'm pretty clueless.

WOW on number one. WOW.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home