Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Don't even get me started on swimsuits

I'm getting picky in my old age. Shopping for jeans has become a pain in the ass. I am on a quest for the perfect pair and so far I've been SOL. When did this happen to me? I used to go the store and buy a pair of jeans, no big freakin' deal. Now they have to be just the right length, not too baggy, not too tight, just the right color and make my butt look good. And one more thing. Not be so low waisted as to require a full off waxing!
That trend drives me crazy! It's not like I want them to be cut up to my navel, but for god sakes it grosses me out to see peoples thong poppin' out the back. And no I don't wear thongs. I'm old school and to me when underwear goes up your crack it's not a good thing.
So the low cut jeans are out for me. It also doesn't help that I have a 5" vertical scar starting right under my belly button from an emergency hysterectomy (a parting gift from Ruby's birth).
One thing I have noticed lately is that shirts are coming down longer. If you have to keep your tummy covered (like me) that's some good news.
I guess getting older and knowing what you like has it's benefits, but when it comes to clothes it's kind of a drag.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I couldn't agree more. I was just having this conversation the other day with a good friend of mine. Finding a pair of jeans has become a science. I end up finding one I like and buying more than one pair (I am lazy and finding one I like doesn't happen all that often).

Swimsuits. Way worse.

4:09 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Oy, the low cut jeans. Yeah, we don't all have concave bellies! Jeans are NOT an easy thing... sometimes on What Not To Wear people spend a whole day just looking for jeans. There's a store in NY that custom makes them for you, wash, fit, cut, everything. I would love to go there!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

There are few people that actually look good in low cut jeans. I'm glad I'm not a teenager having to succumb to the current fashions. However I do have one pair of cords that are too low and they are so uncomfortable that I just can't bear to wear them.

I too love the long, flowy tank tops of the summer. I guess even the designers are tired of seeing the thong.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Sunshine scribe and I must have the same jeans-discussion friend. That girl is a fashion slut (not you, sunshine, our friend). Um, about the jeans-thing, though; we decided that it's all about the 501s again. Because who wants to buy jeans with more holes than fabric? I'm so with Clinton and Stacey on this one; jeans for adults should be one color, preferably dark, and nondescript (embellishments of any kind need not apply). And while I don't abhor the lo-cut look, I'm extra-scared-with-cheese of the newnew hi-waist. Nooooo. Momma. can't. work. that. (lildb runs screaming, with fingers over eyes, from the hi-waisted pant mannequin-zombie)

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home