Thursday, July 06, 2006

1994



Twelve years ago...........

Beck's "Loser", Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do" and Counting Crows' "Mr. Jones" were on the radio.

Kurt Cobain killed himself (or Courtney did it, depends on who you ask.)

Tonya Harding had her goons whack Nancy Kerrigan in the knee. I didn't like either of them and Oksana Baiul ended up winning the gold.

O.J. Simpson killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman.

The Buffalo Bills lost the Super Bowl.....again.

There was no World Series because the spoiled players were on strike.

*sigh* Bill Clinton was El Presidente*sigh*

Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump were in theaters.

ER and Friends made their network debuts

Nelson Mandela was elected President of South Africa

And the most important event of 1994 in my world...............Olivia was born.




Fast forward to 2006 and I'm so proud to say Olivia is everything I could have dreamed a Daughter to be. She is a funny, smart, responsible, trustworthy, pretty, caring, independent person and I love being around her. (She also shares my love for Led Zepplin, how lucky am I?)


Happy Birthday Olivia and I love you!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Happy bithday Olivia!!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

i love you both! kisses to ya-ya!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My two beautiful girls. Happy birthday to my favorite oldest grand daughter!! Love, grandma

6:35 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Aw, all the best ones are born on 7/6, it seems. W excluded, of course.

A very happy bday to your gorgeous girl.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Olivia! You and your mommy are just gorgeous. And I love hearing your mommy talk about how wonderful you are. I look forward to doing the same in eight years.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I'm just curious, Marcie... were you at any point a supermodel? because you shoulda been.

JEEBUS. you're smokin' hot.

p.s. your daughter is equally gorgeous - and how lucky are you to have such a fabulous relationship/connection with her.

happy birthday, Olivia! (great name, btw)

*beams*

10:11 PM  
Blogger weigook saram said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia! And you look very glam with your long flowing hair. Good genes all around. :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

The beauty! It is indeed blinding. But I'm sure her inner beauty is even more stunning (and I don't know about your inner beauty, but your outer is smokin').

Happy Birthday Olivia! Twelve is the gateway to the teen years. Oy!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

oo-la-la!! Ya'll are BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Birthday, Miss Olivia! 1994 was a memorable year indeed.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Thanks for all the compiliments. Olivia is truly a beautiful girl. As for myself...well...I should post some really yucky pics and shatter the illusion but I know the Minister of Propaganda would never allow it:)

9:12 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Oh how the memories come flooding back. Twelve years seems like so long! I'm sure it does for Olivia too.

How your beautiful daughter had a wonderful birthday!

12:24 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Hope (not how) Geesh... I need to slow down.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

That's okay Something Blue. I misspelled compliments in my comment. I can't slow down either.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so radiant, and Olivia is gorgeous! Happy Birthday to her.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Happy birthday, Olivia! What a resemblence you have to each other. Beautiful. Both of you.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia! You guys are both so lovely :)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous like her mother!!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home