Thursday, June 08, 2006

Popcorn and Milkduds

The beautiful and talented Lil Deb over at i obsess has tagged me for the movie meme. This was a little more difficult for me than I thought it would be. I like movies I just don't see many movies. It's hard to get out with kids and even if we rent them, I hate to admit this, it takes me several nights to watch just one movie. Not because they are boring but if I get in a halfway comfortable position and the lights are dimmed and it's past 9pm I fall fast asleep. God, that's so sad.

Twenty years ago I had all the time in the world to go and see movies. I think all of these were seen in a movie theater.

Pretty in Pink- To a 15 year old girl Ducky was endearing, cute and cool. When you're 35, um, not so much. I saw this movie a few weeks ago and I wanted to slap him.
Lucas- Can't remember much except that Charlie Sheen was a hottie.
Absolute Beginners- Anyone remember Patsy Kensit? She married one of the Oasis brothers.
Top Gun- I thought Tom Cruise was cute but Val Kilmer was cuter.
Ferris Buehller's Day Off- Again, Charlie Sheen was hot!
Legal Eagles- Why would a 15 year old see this movie?
Aliens- Very scary and Sigourney Weaver kicks some alien ass!
Howard the Duck- My boyfriend at the time had the hots for Lea Thompson.
Stand By Me- Still love that movie.
The Fly- Creepy and scary.
Blue Velvet- And I still had a crush on Dennis Hopper after seeing this? What a weirdo!

Ten years ago I already had two kids so these are mostly rentals.

Dusk till Dawn- Quentin, George, Harvey and VAMPIRES!
Flirting with Disaster- Worth watching just to see Lily Tomlin and Alan Alda do their thing.
Fargo- I LOVE FRANCES MCDORMAND. Nuff said.
Trainspotting
Welcome to the Dollhouse
The English Patient- Didn't do it for me. I was bored.
Evita- Maddona, I've heard Patti LuPone and you ma'am are no Patti LuPone
Jerry Maguire- Damn, Tom Cruise again.

Five Years ago........

Monster's Ball
Lord of the Rings- I am a major LOTR geek. Love love love the books and the movies
Sexy Beast- Ben Kingsley. From Gandhi to this?
Legally Blonde- "Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed." How could you not love Elle?

One Year ago.......

Constantine- Keaunu was comatose but it was visually entertaining.
StarWars -Revenge of the Sith- Yep, I'm a Star Wars geek too.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Hermoine, Harry and Ron ROCK!
Crash- I will go against popular consensus and say that I liked Crash a lot and thought it was better than Brokeback Mountain.
War of the Worlds- I swear to god I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. I just see all of his movies. Sheesh.
History of Violence- Viggo is a babe.

Yesterday, today and tommorow?

Power Rangers and Dora the Explorer. Over and over and over.
Please. Make. It. Stop.

I'm tagging anyone who wants to go on a trip down movie memory lane.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

Wordgirl- Oh no I couldn't remember all of those. I had to google "movies 1986" and so on to jog my memory.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

yay! I had to google a lot of the older movie years to kick-start my memory, too.

I'm so friggin' glad blogger is allowing comments again.

jeebus. I thought I was gonna have to go knock on blogger's office window and promise certain illicit favors to a programming geek in order to get this whole thing moving again.

not that it would've necessarily accomplished anything, my promises of illicitness. I may have just terrified them enough with my yellow coffee teeth to get them to fix it.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I, too, am amazed that you can rattle off all those movie titles. I'm quite impressed.

Though I have to be honest and say I liked Brokeback Mountain for the Oscar. Though I really liked Crash too.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

My sister was more into going out to movies with her buddies; I've never been into them so much. I do remember seeing Arnold in "commando" and thinking, "he can carry trees on his shoulders!" Call it a sexual awakening; I was twelve. I had to sneak over to Aimee Norkett's house to watch "Purple Rain" because I wasn't allowed to.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I have so much in common with you, Marcie, it's a little creepy. And if you figure out how to make the Power Rangers stop, or how to watch a movie in less than a weekend, please share your secret. :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Dora has got to be better than Howard the Duck. I love movies. There is nothing better than a big bowl of air popped popcorn and snuggling on the sofa with the hubby or the little ones.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

love the new digs! and title =) you may have inspired me to finally post again...you and I have apparently been on opposite sides of the same brick wall, my friend! catch ya' later!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I Loved Fargo. Oh yeah, you betcha!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

this 15 year old saw Legal Eagles because Redford was and always will be HOT! =) Hate the movie now and didn't get it then...but again...REDFORD IS HOT! catch ya later -

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home