Saturday, May 20, 2006

Chit Chat

It was a crappy week. I've been sick and tired, therefore no closets were cleaned and no Summer clothes were dug out. This is the first day I've felt halfway normal, maybe things are on the upward swing.
But just because I was sick didn't mean things weren't happening around here. My baby boy had a run in with a spider this week. He was in the basement playing in his tent. I was upstairs and heard his blood-curdling screams. I ran downstairs and Jim was asking if he was hurt, Billy didn't answer he just kept on screaming. Jim looked in the tent and the ugliest, biggest and blackest spider was hanging out in there. Poor Billy, he inherited my arachniphobia. It's funny, this happened just a few days after reading Domesticator's frightening tale of her spider battle. I got the heebie-jeebies just reading her post and comments. At least my oldest son is not scared of spiders, he's my spider hunter when Jim is gone.
My oldest Daughter took part in the female rite of passage called hair removal. I tried to talk her out of it. I appealed to her rebellious side, "Why do want to be like everyone else?" I tried to appeal to her common sense side, "Once you start you can never stop!" I even told her how much I loved her little blonde fuzzy legs (that one probably pushed her to it). I finally relented. How can I expect her to fight the power on this one when I caved and am still caving myself. The day after she wore a skirt for the first time this year. *sigh* My daughter is growing up *sigh
Which brings me to my baby girl. Ruby is turning two next week. Did I tell you I think she's going to be bartender. Thanks to her Dad she knows the difference (by sight, thank you very much) between wine, beer and vaka (vodka, as she calls it). I'm so proud.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

If you didn't live so far from me, I might be tempted to say that might be the same hairy beast that traumatized my kids!
I hope you are feeling better. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger weigook saram said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Ruby's knowledge of booze is impressive. Ha!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

"Once you start you can never stop!"

Oh, that was GOOD! I don't think I would have thought to say that. See, this is just another reason why I love reading other women's blogs... they help prepare me for issues I'll be dealing with in the near future that would have otherwise caught me off guard. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're feeling halfway normal. That's how I feel most days. :)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcie, dude. I will lose it if my kid ends up with my abhorrence of spiders. I try to control myself around them so that he won't be influenced by my behavior, but it ain't easy. I have a terminal fear of them crawling into my gigantic mass of hair and building nests, and eventually spider cities, in there. ugh.

thanks for the sweetness, man. I needed it.

I'm glad you feel better. screw housework. :)

1:14 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

so, did my little chat with her do anything? did we stop at the knee or go further? i don't wanna know, i'll find out soon enough. and as far as miss ruby lou goes - ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that cracks me up. go daddy!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

What a fun collection of posts and pics!

It was fun strolling through!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Awww. The shaving of the legs is a true right of passage. And you're right, once you start you can never go back!

(ps. sorry to hear you've been sick)

11:49 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I found a spider in the shower. Ick.

Okay, Ruby go make Mama a Vaka Martini!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Spiders ... yuck! At least you have one spider hunter amoung your kids AND a bartender to get you some Vaka to calm your spider-shaken-nerves :)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek...spiders! My daughter was screaming bloody murder just this morning over a spider in her room. I squished it and oddly, I felt kinda bad about it.

Feel better :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

si I take it, you do not participate in the "spider relocation program"?? not making light of arachnophobia. Em USED to be the resident bug squasher here, but now she's worse than me!

12:01 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

you got 23 comments on your last post - i can't read you anymore.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Seeing as 4 of them were mine and two were yours, I think I'm still firmly planted in "C" list territory:) So keep reading Bee-yotch.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home