Sunday, May 14, 2006

There's Always Mom


Did you know that Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed are a couple? You won't read that in "In Touch" magazine.
Now this isn't a gossip post it's going to be a Mother's Day post and as I sit writing this I can tell it's not going to be that great of a day for me. I have a cold, I got less than 6 hours sleep last night, my kids woke up at 6:30 this morning, my husband is working today and I have to study all day for my final exam tomorrow. I guess you could say it's a true Mother's Day, no delusions of grandeur around here.

Oh well. One bright thought for today is that I'm happy to say my Mom has always been there for me and in honor of her on Mother's Day I would like to share some of my favorite facts about my Mom as a person and a Mother.

My Mom grew up in a small, country town of about 30 people.

She graduated Valedictorian of her class.

She attended Vassar College on a scholarship.

I came into her life when she was just 20 years old (bye-bye Vassar).

My Mom started her own consulting company when she was 30 years old.

She's been to all 50 states and many countries, including Australia, Tahiti, New Zealand, England and France. She's planning to go to China this Summer.

My Mom is a talented seamstress. She made some really cool Halloween costumes for me when I was young.












My Mother would read to me a LOT. Some of my favorites were the Oz books and "The Hobbit".

She sold her company in 1995 and retired for 9 years.

She's working again. She likes to work.

My Mom accepts me for who I am and if she was ever disappointed by my choices I never knew it.



I want my Mom to know how proud I am of her, how much I love her and how grateful I am for everything she's done for me. Hopefully when she reads this today she will.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger weigook saram said...

I'm sorry you're not having a great day. Happy Mother's Day. Your tribute to your mom is really sweet. She sounds like an amazing woman.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Weigook Saram- Happy Mother's Day to you too:)

9:25 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom...
Happy Mother's Day!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Domesticator- Thank you, hope you have a wonderful day.

10:40 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

i love your mom.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Cameo-You're sweet. I hope your Mom feels better.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

That was a very nice tribute to your mom. I hope she gets a copy :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Your mother sounds like a worldly, intelligent, remarkable woman!

My mother was only 20 when I came into her world too.

Marcie, I hope next weekend you get a Mother's Day Redo in your honor! You deserve it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Mommy of the Record- I think she will like this better than a card.

Something Blue- It's funny you mention redo. I was just thinking I need to reschedule.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Marcie, sorry to hear your day started off lousy. A redo is in order for sure for you as you deserve a great mother's day.

What a lovely tribute to your mom. She sounds wonderful - exactly the kind of mom I hope to be.

Happy Mother's Day!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Sunshine Scribe- From reading your blog it sounds like you are a great mom:)

5:03 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

oh my gawd marta. i just enlarged that pic of you and your mom and she looks like sara and you look like ruby. ooooooooooooo. thanks for the love to susie. bummer.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute to your fabulous, multi-faceted uber genius mom! Marcie, you're so cool. Lucky Cameo for being your IRL friend. :)

2:23 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Wow, she sounds terrific. How great for you to have had a role model like that. And those glasses are rockin. Hope your day improved.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

hey beautiful... I hope you are feeling better. Let me know how your final went...yesterday was my study day, too...but you are like me in the ability to pull rabbits out of hats! That's what mom's do, right? I am sure you did fine... the only sucky part is the not knowing..but...YAY it's OVER!! talk soon - shash

2:50 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Lildb,Mrs. Fortune,Wordgirl and Shannon- Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm in the fog of sickness and stuyding right now but it will soon be over. I hope everyone had an happy and relaxing Mother's Day.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

You poor thing... I hope that by the time I'm posting this comment you're all healed up and the final exam is a distant memory. BTW, your mother sounds amazing. I'm so happy for you!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home