Wednesday, May 03, 2006

That's what friends are for


Cameo and I have known each other for 20 years now and we are still finding out new things about one another.
A few months ago we got on the subject of Miss Piggy. We found out that we were both big fans of hers back in the early 80's and we both had the Miss Piggy sheets and the Miss Piggy mug. We also wondered if Miss Piggy had any effect on our emerging preteen psyches, the same way we have discussed the effect Maddona may have had on our teenage sexuality.
Well enough with the pop culture psych. The real reason for this post is to show off my May Day gift. Cameo found this Miss Piggy mug at a garage sale. Needless to say it makes me very happy.
It's nice to have a friend you can connect with on many levels, especially if one of them is a mutual preteen love for a bossy ass, frog smothering, egotistical pig.

9 Comments:

Blogger noncommon said...

and i love you.

12:44 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

It is wonderful that you have such a treasured friendship with each other.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

Awesome that you guys are so close. Treasure that friendship of yours, they are hard to come by.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

What a wonderful friendship.

And I covet that mug! I too was a major Miss Piggy gal. Loved her :)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

What a great mugshot of Miss Piggy's mug!! I was more into Fozzy, myself...I related to his Wacka Wacka Wackaness.

You guys are so cute, I just wanna drive out to the midwest and have coffee in some Muppet mugs with you two.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Mom on the Run said...

looove that mug! my friend and I both admitted we had crushes on Speed Racer on our last girls wknd. Who knew?

7:16 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I didn't know you guys knew each other in 'real life'! How wonderful to be such good friends--and blogging buddies to boot! Love the mug :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I had Miss Piggy's guide to life and read it over and over and over and over. Well, I was a little too young for the satire, but I remember LOVING the pictures and I've always had a life-long love for diaramas and such. I bought myself a copy on Ebay recently and all the memories came pouring back.

11:27 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

That mug makes me smile!

I always loved Pigs in Space...

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home