Thursday, March 23, 2006

Things I love Thursday



.
Yes, I love this piece of pottery. But I love how I acquired it much, much more! People who like to garage sale and thrift sale shop will tell you that the best part is the hunt, the anticipation of what's out there waiting for you. I found this piece at a garage sale, in one of those boring cookie cutter neighborhoods, for 3 dollars. The lady was probably getting rid of Grandma's stuff, "It's all so old!" Who knows? I do know that her ignorance was my gain. This did not start me on a Roseville kick though, I like the stuff but it's way too pricey for me. I'll stick with the more reasonably priced McCoy, I like the simple design better anyhow.
I couldn't find an exact example on ebay, but this gives you an idea of what these things are worth. Click Here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tish said...

Wow! You got an awesome deal! A beautiful piece, and a beautiful post!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

SCORE! You like McCoy AND liberal politics AND Harper Lee AND Ethel Merman? I think we're going to go steady very soon.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Mom101- You bring those rockin' itunes of yours and I am so there.

6:35 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

You scored that for $3? Dayammmmmmm! You can't find any decent collectible pottery around here anymore. But good for YOU! It's loverly.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home